2. I'm Coming Back
3. Blues Is My Business
4. I Saw The Light
5. Some Things Just Don't Change
6. Love On The Wrong Side Of Town
7. The City Weeps Tonight
8. Down And Out In New York City
9. Standing In The Line Of Fire
10. Saint Valentine's Day
11. I Don't Want To Go Home
12. Ride The Night Away
With appropriate acknowledgement to "Memphis Soul Stew" by King Curtis, the essential ingredients and basic recipe of Soulfire's magical musical gumbo are as follows:
1) Take one New York recording studio and fill it with recently-recruited, highly-talented musicians.
2) Choose first-rate original material and carefully-selected covers to ensure quality.
3) Incorporate loud electric guitars, thunderous drum fills and soulful female backing vocals.
4) Stir in as many horn players as you can fit in the room and hire Ed Manion to lead them.
5) Overdub passionate lead vocals that reference Bob Dylan and Keith Richards among others.
6) Apply traditional Van Zandt production values, natural arranging talent and attention to detail.
7) Add a little Disciples of Soul seasoning.
8) Infuse with irresistible hooks, insistent riffs and nagging rhythms.
9) Add more horns.
10) Add more guitars.
11) Add more everything.
12) Sprinkle on some Marc Ribler co-production effects.
13) Employ the Clearmountain and Ludwig mixing and mastering process.
14) Microwave on full volume for 57 minutes, then allow to be cool.
15) Voila! A strong contender for album of the year.