LP 1 – Original album: 2017 master
1. The Queen Is Dead
2. Frankly, Mr. Shankly
3. I Know Its Over
4. Never Had No One Ever
5. Cemetry Gates
6. Bigmouth Strikes Again
7. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
8. Vicar In A Tutu
9. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
10. Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
LP 2 & 3 – Additional recordings
1. The Queen Is Dead (full version)
2. Frankly, Mr. Shankly (demo)
3. I Know Its Over (demo)
4. Never Had No One Ever (demo)
5. Cemetry Gates (demo)
6. Bigmouth Strikes Again (demo)
7. Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others (demo)
8. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (demo mix)
9. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (take 1)
10. Rubber Ring (b-side)
11. Asleep (b-side)
12. Money Changes Everything (b-side)
13. Unloveable (b-side)
Tracks 1-7 and 9 are previously unreleased.
Track 8 was released on 7” for Record Store Day.
Tracks 10 and 11 are 2017 masters of b-sides from The Boy With The Thorn In His Side.
Tracks 12 and 13 are 2017 masters of b-sides from Bigmouth Strikes Again.
LP 4 & 5 – Live in Boston – previously unreleased
1. How Soon Is Now? (5.25)
2. Hand In Glove (2.58)
3. I Want The One I Cant Have (3.24)
4. Never Had No One Ever (3.29)
5. Stretch Out And Wait (3.09)
6. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (3.34)
7. Cemetry Gates (3.01)
8. Rubber Ring/What She Said/Rubber Ring (4.17)
9. Is It Really So Strange? (3.23)
10. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (4.09)
11. That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore (4.51)
12. The Queen Is Dead (5.08)
13. I Know It's Over (7.39)
Recorded at the Great Woods Center For The Performing Arts on 5th August 1986.
Widely considered to be both The Smiths finest work and one of the greatest albums ever made, The Queen Is Dead has cast a significant influence over subsequent generations since it was first released in the summer of 1986.
This reissue represents the first time that The Smiths back catalogue has been revisited in such a way. The album features several of the bands finest moments including the title track and There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, as well as the iconic singles The Boy With The Thorn In His Side and Bigmouth Strikes Again.
This set features the 2017 master of the album, additional recordings and the Live In Boston recording. Housed in lift-off box with 2 double gatefolds and 1 single sleeve pressed on 180g heavy weight vinyl.