1. Family - Thompson, Teddy Thompson
2. One Life At A Time - Thompson, Richard Thompson
3. Careful - Thompson, Kami Thompson
4. Bonny Boys - Thompson, Linda Thompson
5. Root So Bitter - Thompson, Zak Hobbs
6. At The Feet Of The Emperor - Thompson, Jack Thompson
7. Right - Thompson, Teddy Thompson
8. Perhaps We Can Sleep - Thompson, Linda Thompson
9. That's Enough - Thompson, Richard Thompson
10. I Long For Lonely - Thompson, Kami Thompson, James Walbourne
1. Thompson - The Making Of Family Teddy Thompson, together with parents Richard and Linda, brother Jack, younger sister Kami, her husband James Walbourne, and nephew Zak Hobbs (collectively dubbed Thompson) will release a collaborative album of all new original songs entitled Family.
The 2-Disc (1CD-DVD) Deluxe Edition features the beautifully rendered 15-minute film Thompson: The Making of Family. Utilizing interviews and vintage family photos, the film offers a glimpse into the recording process and the warmth, talent and humor of this supreme talented family.
The album features a wide musical rangefrom Kamis more poppy contributions like her bright melodic rocker, Careful, to the familiar folky elegance of Richards, Thats Enough, and from Lindas heartfelt ballad, Bonny Boys, to Teddys classic country rocker, Right. The songs do share an aesthetic and emotional texture instantly familiar as having sprung from this particular family source. And the family members would agree. I suppose theres kind of a folk-rock sensibility to what the Thompsons do, generally speaking, says Richard. I think everyones a bit in in the singer- songwriter style.
Teddy knew the songs would be goodthis is the Thompson family, after alland yet, he says he was surprised by just how good all of the songs were. Well, maybe he wasnt that surprised. I dont mean to sound cocky or anything, he adds, but I just felt like everybodys really good, and everybody was going to write good songs, and do good work, and they did.