1. If I Needed You (feat Emmylou Harris) (03:29)
2. Pancho And Lefty (feat Freddy Fender, Rubin Rannos, Doug Sahm & Augie Meyer) (03:50)
3. Waiting Around To Die (feat Calvin Russell) (02:58)
1. Blue Wind Blew (feat Jerry Jeff Walker) (04:03)
2. Kathleen (feat The Chromatics) (03:04)
3. No Lonesome Tune (feat Willie Nelson) (03:27)
4. Brother Flower (feat Kimmie Rhodes) (02:58)
1. Two Girls (feat Doug Sahm) (03:48)
2. Marie (feat Willie Nelson) (05:00)
3. Quicksilver Daydreams Of Maria (feat Freddy Fender, Rubin Rannos, Doug Sahm & Augie Meyer) (04:27)
1. Snowin' On Raton (feat James McMurtry) (03:53)
2. At My Window (feat Kathy Mattea) (04:19)
3. No Place To Fall (feat Willie Nelson) (03:23)
Townes Van Zandt - TEXAS RAIN - The Texas Hill Country Recordings - Remastered Expanded Edition - Mastered to Audiophile standard - First 1,000 LPs on LIMITED EDITION CLEAR VINYL
At the turn of the '90s, Townes Van Zandt began recording a series of duets in Texas with a bunch of longtime admirers that included Willie Nelson, Emmylou Harris, Jerry Jeff Walker, Freddy Fender and Doug Sahm. The full-band sessions sought to breathe fresh air into the lungs of some of his best-known songs.
Initially given a limited release in 2001, 'Texas Rain' has now been newly remastered and repackaged with a full-colour 20-page booklet, in-depth sleeve notes and revealing interview with original producer Kevin Eggers. It serves as one of Van Zandt's defining works.
"This was the cream of the cream. Texas Rain is a timeless record. We really felt that we'd made a huge breakthrough in terms of our creative collaboration, the level of musicianship, the quality of the tracks and the energy we had. It was a golden time in our lives." Kevin Eggers - Producer & Arranger
- Newly restored from original masters and includes bonus Willie Nelson duet 'No Place To Fall'.
- Replica LP sleeve with original Milton Glaser designed artwork.
- 12-inch 4-panel full-colour LP insert, 20-page fully illustrated CD booklet.
- New in-depth sleeve notes by Uncut magazine's Rob Hughes plus revealing interview with original producer and arranger Kevin Eggers.
- Part of Charly's 50th anniversary programme celebrating the start of Van Zandt's career.
- All original Poppy and Tomato albums which Townes Van Zandt recorded at the peak of his career are being restored, newly remastered and lavishly repackaged and released on CD, limited edition 180g heavyweight coloured vinyl, digital download and Mastered For iTunes formats.
The death of Townes Van Zandt in 1997 at age 52 robbed the world of a troubled genius as well as one of America's finest songwriters. While his albums never sold in large quantities, his reputation and popularity has grown greater by the year inspiring books, a documentary and renewed interest from the media, passionatly loyal fans and contemporaries such as Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and Emmylou Harris who have covered his songs to the upper-reaches of the American charts.
"From Neil Young and Willie Nelson, Bono and Bob Dylan (who reportedly once said that Townes was "in some ways the better writer") to Tindersticks and Mudhoney, songwriters and musicians speak of Townes with reverence." - MOJO MAGAZINE
"He was the best songwriter and most riveting solo performer I've ever seen." - STEVE EARLE