|UK Release date: 27th Oct 2017|
1. Ou Es-Tu, Mon Amour? (Where Are You, My Love?)
2. I Never Cared for You
3. Everywhere I Go
4. Darkness On the Face of the Earth
5. My Own Peculiar Way
6. These Lonely Nights
7. Home Motel
8. The Maker
9. I Just Can’t Let You Say Goodbye
10. I’ve Just Destroyed the World (I’m Living In)
11. Somebody Pick Up My Pieces
12. Three Days
13. I’ve Loved You All Over the World
15. It Should Be Easier Now*
16. One Step Beyond*
17. Send Me the Pillow*
18. Have I Told You Lately*
19. Till I Gain Control Again*
20. Lonely Little Mansion*
21. Things to Remember*
* Previously Unreleased
Location is everything. When Willie Nelson and album producer Daniel Lanois set out to create a cinematic sounding album, Teatro, they took over a disused movie theatre in Oxnard, California, and pictured its dusty glory on the cover art. Recorded as-live in situ amid the red velvet seats, Teatro sees Nelson working extensively with his frequent collaborator Emmylou Harris, who joins him for duets and on backing vocals. The other major player is Daniel Lanois, who produces the album, plays guitar and bass, took the cover photo and wrote one of the album’s songs, “The Maker”, a stunning performance with glacier-thick vibe.Reinvention is key on Teatro, with Nelson revisiting a number of songs he first wrote in the 1960s, including 1968’ “I Just Can’t Let You Say Goodbye” and 1962’s “I’ve Just Destroyed the World” and “Three Days”. Though the songs are familiar, the sounds aren’t: Teatro found Nelson experimenting with rhythms and flavors as never before, from the Spanish-influenced “Darkness On The Face Of The Earth” to the doubledrum-kit percussive groove of “My Own Peculiar Way”. Originally released by Island Record in 1998, Teatro is issued here for the first time as a double disc set, including the original album plus 7 unreleased bonus tracks from the sessions. Disc two is a complete live performance of the album, directed by Wim Wenders, filmed during the album recording sessions and available here for the first time on DVD.
* CD includes the full Teatro album plus 7 previously unreleased bonus tracks.
* DVD includes the feature-length concert performance of the album, directed by Wim Wenders and filmed on location at the Teatro in 1998.
* Booklet includes interview with Nelson and Lanois and lyrics.
* Features duets with and backing vocals by Emmylou Harris.
* Produced by Daniel Lanois (U2 Joshua Tree; Bob Dylan Time Out Of Mind; Emmylou Harris Wrecking Ball)