[LP 1: 2019 mixes]
1. 21st Century Schizoid Man
2. I Talk to the Wind
5. The Court of the Crimson King
Mixed by Steven Wilson
[LP2: The Alternate Album]
1. 21st Century Schizoid Man - Morgan studios June 1969 take with Greg Lake vocal overdubs from Wessex August 1969 & Jakko Jakszyk/Mel Collins August 2019 overdubs
2. I Talk to the Wind - Alternate 2019 mix
3. Epitaph - Alt. take - 2019 mix
1. Epitaph - Vocals isolated/highlighted, 2019 mix
2. Moonchild - Take 1, 2019 mix
3. The Court of the Crimson King - Morgan studios, June 1969 take, 2019 mix
4. 21st Century Schizoid Man - Trio version, 2019 mix
Side C1, D1 mixed by David Singleton, 2019
All other tracks mixed by Steven Wilson, 2019
50th anniversary edition of one of rock music’s seminal debut albums. 2LP set pressed on 200 gram audiophile vinyl.
LP1 features all new, 2019 stereo mixes as approved by Robert Fripp. LP2 features all new, 2019 alternate takes & recordings with five pieces mixed by Steven Wilson and two pieces mixed by David Singleton. Artwork derived from the original paintings, as meticulously restored for the limited edition full sized, signed prints. Cut by Jason Mitchell at Loud Mastering from original 24/96 high-resolution source files.
50 years on, the studio recordings of that first King Crimson remain, uncanny masterpieces. Packaged in original gatefold sleeve art – fully restored from original paintings.
Posted by Reuben Stanley on 23rd Apr 2020
The original recording was less clinical than this Steven Wilson mix. It was warmer and more atmospheric. That said, the new mix has much more inner detail, especially in the bass response which is taunter and easier to pick out in the mix. The bonus lp with alternative takes and mixes is a fascinating insight into the eventual mixes for the original recording. The highlight of the package is the isolated Greg Lake vocal track, which is absolutely stunning and a real test of the quality of your hi fi system.